La Capitale General Insurance Inc. is pleased to partner with the Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec to offer a professional liability insurance program. The policy number is 14024131-005.
An insurer unlike any other
La Capitale General Insurance Inc. began its operations in 1976 as a subsidiary of La Capitale Financial Group Inc. Today, it is an industry leader in the field of damage insurance.
With our full line of automobile, home, personal property, legal access and commercial insurance coverages, we are fully equipped to adequately meet the insurance needs of the entire population of Quebec.
Our Mission: "To offer our clients insurance coverage adapted to their individual needs - under the seal of excellence - with flexible terms and conditions." Nothing less!
1 800 644-0607
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday
Who are the insureds?
- The Ordre
- The Ordre members in good standing who enrolled in the professional liability insurance program
- The Ordre members in good standing who enrolled in the professional liability insurance program, for losses resulting from professional services rendered while they were members in good standing and enrolled in the Ordre professional liability insurance program
- Former Ordre members in good standing, for losses resulting from professional services rendered while they were members in good standing and enrolled in the Ordre professional liability insurance program
- Present or former mentees who are or were recognized by the Ordre
- Present or former employees who work or previously worked under the supervision of a member in good standing
- Any of the above-mentioned persons' legal heirs or assigns
- A company owned by a member in good standing or who provides services to the public with at least one insured member in good standing authorized by law to carry his or her professional activities
What is your coverage?
Your professional liability:
Specifically, the payment of compensatory damages that you may be required to pay to third parties as a result of a claim received by you and filed with La Capitale during the insurance period and arising from fault, negligence, or a lack of care or skill in the performance of your insured professional activities.
We also assume your expenses for defence in litigation involving professional liability.
Insurance limits: Up to $1M per loss per insured.
Your criminal defence fees:
Specifically, your defence costs for any action taken against you before a criminal court with respect to professional activities you performed, unless you plead or are found guilty by judgment of the highest court of final resort.
Criminal defence fees: Up to $50,000 per insured.
Your illegal practice defence fees:
Specifically, your defence costs for any action taken against you for illegal practice of another profession, unless you plead or are found guilty by judgment of the highest court of final resort.
Illegal practice defence fees: Up to $25,000 per insured.
Your coroner's inquest legal fees:
Specifically, your legal fees involving any appearance as an interested party in a coroner's inquest or a similar special inquest or commission arising from or in connection with the performance of your professional activities, not including cases in which you are called upon to act as an expert witness.
Coroner's inquest legal fees: Up to $25,000 per insured.
What activities are insured?
Professional activities in your field of practice and performed in Canada, as well as activities additionally or occasionally performed outside Canada, which may lead to legal action taken against you in Canada. This includes teaching, supervision, opinions and consultations.
How to file a claim?
In the event of a claim, dial 1 866 906-2120.
It is important to:
- Bring to the attention of your insurer any fact or circumstance that may give rise to a claim, as soon as you become aware of such matters.
- Refrain from assuming any liability, incurring any expense or entering into any negotiation on your own initiative.
- Forward any notice of claim, as well as any judicial procedure that may be served on you.
- Provide your insurer with support and cooperation during any enquiry and any legal proceedings that may eventually take place.
The purpose of this site is to present to you the main features of your professional liability insurance program. The insurance contract contains a number of restrictions. Only the contract may be used to establish the rights and responsibilities of the contracting parties at all times.